Prep 2 mins
Cook 32 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning, dry
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease pie plate, 10x1 1/2", or square baking dish, 8x8".
- Cook and stir the ground beef and onion in 10" skillet until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix; spoon into pie plate. Beat baking mix, milk and eggs about 1 min with wire whisk or hand beater or until almost smooth.
- Pour into pie plate. Bake about 25 min or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 2 min longer or until cheese is melted.
- Cool 5 minute.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomato and olives.
- FOR 1/2 RECIPE; Use 1 qt square or round casserole. Decrease baking mix to 1/2 cup, milk to 3/4 cup and eggs to 2.
- Divide remaining ingredients amounts in half.
- Decrease beat time to 10 sec. in blender or 30 sec. with wire whisk or hand beater Increase bake time to 30-35 minute.
- High Altitude For the 1/2 recipe only use 1 1/2 qt round or 1 quart square casserole. no other adj necessary.
We love this dish! It's quick, easy, inexpensive and delicious. I make my own taco seasoning, so had to experiment with how much use, and the flavor is fantastic. There are never left-overs when I serve this to my family.
Made this last night and DW says it's a "keeper", so it must be great. I didn't use the package taco seasoning, instead I used 10 tsp of #166030 tex-mex taco sesoning with a touch of crushed red pepper. Really great, Thanks for sharing Wayne.
I subbed: leftover roast beef for the ground beef, onion powder for the chopped onion and cumin and chili powder for the taco seasoning. Putting it into a large casserole, I added the diced tomatoes to the beef in the pan. After adding the Bisquick/milk/egg mix, the meat wasn't covered so I made a second batch. It still cooked quickly and it tasted great! Thank you for a different way to use up leftovers!