Top Review by Omi Julie
We love this dish! It's quick, easy, inexpensive and delicious. I make my own taco seasoning, so had to experiment with how much use, and the flavor is fantastic. There are never left-overs when I serve this to my family.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning, dry
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease pie plate, 10x1 1/2", or square baking dish, 8x8".
- Cook and stir the ground beef and onion in 10" skillet until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix; spoon into pie plate. Beat baking mix, milk and eggs about 1 min with wire whisk or hand beater or until almost smooth.
- Pour into pie plate. Bake about 25 min or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 2 min longer or until cheese is melted.
- Cool 5 minute.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomato and olives.
- FOR 1/2 RECIPE; Use 1 qt square or round casserole. Decrease baking mix to 1/2 cup, milk to 3/4 cup and eggs to 2.
- Divide remaining ingredients amounts in half.
- Decrease beat time to 10 sec. in blender or 30 sec. with wire whisk or hand beater Increase bake time to 30-35 minute.
- High Altitude For the 1/2 recipe only use 1 1/2 qt round or 1 quart square casserole. no other adj necessary.