Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205¹C).
- Lightly grease 10-inch pie plate.
- Heat 1 inch salted water (1/2 tsp salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
- Add spinach, cover and heat to boiling.
- Cook spinach until almost tender (about 5 minutes).
- Drain spinach thoroughly.
- Mix spinach, onion and cheese in pie plate.
- Beat remaining ingredients in blender on High until smooth (about 15 seconds).
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) about 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Garnish as desired.
- NOTE: High altitude increase baking time to 35 minutes.
Very good. Subsituted feta for the swiss, used skim milk with good results.
Really enjoyed this quiche-ish dish. Subbed Romano cheese for the Swiss, as that's what we had on hand. It might have been due to the substitution, but found it a little salty. In future, will cut back on the salt.