Recipe by Kimke
One of my family's all-time favorites. Great for a brunch with fruit salad and mimosas.
Top Review by ellie_
Wonderful quiche! I made a few changes based on what I had on hand--instead of crab and shrimp I just used about 1 lb of frozen shrimp, I also changed the cheese to Edam and Asiago cheese (the asiago cheese I grated on top of the quiche), and since I was low on eggs I used 2 whole eggs and some leftover egg whites (about 3-4). Finally I added 1small chopped green pepper to the onion/garlic. Even with all my subsitutions this was wonderful! Next time I will follow the ingredients a little closer. Thanks Kimke for posting this delicious keeper quiche recipe that is open to adaptations and subsitutions.
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen shrimp, thawed and drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package cream cheese, cut in 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 10 x 1 1/2 inch pie plate.
- Mix seafood, cheeses, garlic, and onions in plate.
- Beat remaining ingredients until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with whisk or hand mixer.
- Pour into plate.
- Bake until knife inserted between center and edge comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.