Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
When cooked, there will be layers of salmon and peas near the surface. A quick and easy quiche. I like hot ketchup on top of my pie slice.
- 7 1⁄2 ounces canned salmon, juice reserved
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- Remove skin and round bones from salmon.
- Flake salmon. Spread salmon, peas and onion in layers in GREASED 10 inch pie plate.
- Put eggs, milk, salmon juice and biscuit mix into blender.
- Process until smooth. Pour over salmon mixture in pie plate.
- Bake in 350°F oven for about 40 minutes until a knife inserted halfway between center and outside edge comes out clean.
- Cuts into 6 wedges.
- I put my filled pie plate on a jelly roll pan when I put it in the oven in case the filling spills over.
- Company’s Coming.
This was very good and easy to make. DD (4) made this almost by herself with a little help from mom. I used 2 (6 oz) cans of salmon and used all of the milk (skim) and bisquick. I also used equivalent egg beaters for the eggs. Took 50 mins and was wonderful. Great way to get fish into DH which needs to eat it at least 2 times per week for cholesterol.
My changes: I used a 14-oz can of salmon, I only used 1 cup of biscuit mix, and I sprinkled some shredded cheddar over the salmon before pouring on the egg. Everyone at my house really liked this, and agreed it would be a good use for leftover chicken instead of salmon, and we're going to try using chopped asparagus instead of peas. Thanks for submitting this!
Very easy and filling meal! I forgot to make a salad to go with, and I'm glad I did because I am stuffed. DH liked it well enough, but I think he would have liked it better if I had put the whole 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix in it, instead I opted for 1 cup, which did make it more quiche like. Since I didn't put all the biscuit mix in it, the baking time was closer to 55 minutes. Thanks for the recipe!!