Another recipe I received over 20 years ago. Its called impossible because with this amount of rice to liquid ratio it shouldn't work, but it has worked like a charm for me. Very creamy indeed. with an old fashioned taste.
- Heat milk and water together on stove top to barely boiling.
- Add rest of ingredients, except for spices and stir.
- Cover and reduce heat to very low and cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Check rice to make sure it is tender and liquid is creamy and thickened, if not, cover again and cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Will thicken even more upon standing.
- Sprinkle with Nutmeg or Cinnamon.
Lovely recipe that was enjoyed by the whole family. Instead of raisins I used dried blueberries and instead of the vanilla pudding mix I used custard powder. This makes quite a lot so I now have some for the freezer.
This is a good, basic rice pudding recipe and was easy to make. We liked it, but to our taste, it wasn't as creamy as we would like. I might make it again, with some adjustments.