Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Easy, quick quiche recipe using Bisquick as a base. You can subsitute other veggies for the mushrooms if you prefer.
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups milk (can use skim)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (swiss or cheddar)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (fresh is best)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 9-10 inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle mushrooms, cheese, and onion evenly over bottom of pie plate.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender, cover, and blend on high for 1 minute (or whisk by hand until mixed well).
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean (50-55 minutes).
- Let stand 5 minues before cutting.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Loved this easy recipe. I'm always lazy about making crusts from scratch, so this solved the problem. I used a combo of broccoli, mushrooms and onions for the filling and it was delicious.
This is a simple and delicious quiche! I substituted about 2 cups of broccoli florets for the mushrooms, since no one in my household really likes mushrooms. I also substituted soy milk and soy cheese, and it tasted great! I will definitely make this one again.
This is my "go to" quiche recipe. So quick, easy and versatile! I used sausage, onion and green peppers with cheddar cheese. Doesn't get any better!