Recipe by Di Bingham
A one dish coconut custard which can be eaten hot or cold and is impossible to muck up! Great with fruit and/or ice cream.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces butter, melted and cooled
- 8 ounces desiccated coconut
- 8 ounces caster sugar
- 4 ounces plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly beat eggs in large bowl.
- Add milk, melted butter, coconut, sugar, flour and vanilla.
- Mix well to combine.
- Pour into an 18cm (7 or 8 inch diameter) oven proof pudding bowl.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180C)(360F)for 35 to 45 minutes until custard is set and top is golden.
- Can be eaten hot or cold.