Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Really easy and tasty dessert. The flour sinks to form a crust, the middle is a custard and the top is coconut. Serve chilled with a dollop of Cool Whip.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk (low fat is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup coconut, dessicated or finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour into a 10" greased pie plate.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until centre feels firm.
This is my favorite coconut pie to make. I have even substituted Splenda for baking for the sugar in it and it turned out great.
I love this recipe..couldn't be easier. My husband devoured it. In fact, he suggested that next time I make it, that I add crushed pinneaple. Should go good with the coconut. Thanks for the recipe. It's a keeper!
Brought back memories of something my Nanna used to cook when I was little (a very long time ago).Incredibly easy, nice custard centre, yum. It is winter here, and it was a perfect way to finish dinner.