I've been making this for years. The whole family loves it. I got it out of a Bisquick cookbook. It is always on our Thanksgiving table and anytime my Mother has a craving for it. Hope you enjoy.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans peaches, drained (3 1/2 cups sliced fresh peaches my be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup Bisquick
- 1 tablespoon butter, firm
- 1⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, slivered
- sweetened whipped cream
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Grease 10" pie plate.
- Pat peache slices dry, place in plate.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, toss.
- Spread evenly in plate.
- Beat remaining ingredients except Streusel and sweetened whipped cream until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high.
- Pour into plate.
- In separate bowl, prepare Streusel by cutting butter into Bisquick and sugar until crumbly, stir in almonds.
- Sprinkle the Streusel on top of peaches.
- Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm, topping each slice with whipped cream.
This is excellent. It's like a pie with a cobbler dough crust. I used brown sugar and added a pinch of ginger and allspice to the other spices. We really liked the nuts in the topping. Thanks for posting!
Yummy peach pie, I would call it a crisp or a crumble, but no matter what you call it, it is so tasty!! I loved the addition of the almonds. I made 1/2 of the recipe and used fresh peaches, I forgot to cut the streusel in 1/2 so I used the whole amount. I love how easy it was using the blender for the batter, so quick and easy. Made for PRMR. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Now this is my kind of pie! No crust to mess with and it tastes great. I actually made this for DH who dislikes all nuts so this one didn't get any. I couldn't do anything about the sugar in the canned peaches but I did use Splenda in the batter. I'll be searching out more of these recipes as well as using this one again.