Recipe by mommyoffour
This is a different way to make lasagne. The recipe says it serves 6-8 servings, but I usually have to make 2 pies for my family of 6.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease pie plate.
- Cook and stir beef over medium heat until brown; drain.
- Stir in oregano, basil, tomato paste and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Layer cottage cheese and parmesan cheese in plate.
- Spoon beef mixture over top.
- Beat milk, baking mix, eggs, salt and pepper until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high, or 1 minutes with hand beater.
- Pour into plate.
- Bake until knife inserted between center and edge comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cool 5 minutes.