Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious impossible version of quiche. I got this recipe from the Bisquick site
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed fully cooked fully cooked smoked boneless ham
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onions or 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle ham, cheese and onions in pie plate.
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk, salt, pepper and eggs until blended.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato and bell pepper.
I slightly increased the Bisquick, milk and eggs in order to make this a deep dish pie and feed 5 of us. I sauteed finely chopped orange bell pepper, purple onion and garlic in a small amount of olive oil before adding to the pie plate, along with a teaspoon of Italian seasoning and lots of fresh parsley. Went well with the ham and Swiss. I also added some Tabasco. Without these flavor enhancers, I think the pie would be a tad dull. Everyone thought it was quite good and it's a nice recipe to build upon. We thought it made for a great dinner, along with green beans and potato salad.