Recipe by More Sunshine
This recipe came from a Bisquick Cookbook. I love the flavor combination of the vegetables used and it is so easy to make. I substituted the Bisquick baking mix with the Master Mix (Homemade Bisquick Substitute) from RecipeZaar posted by Cindy Lynn The Master Mix (Homemade Bisquick Substitute) substituting the powdered milk with powdered buttermilk and Safflower Oil for the shortening. I liked the homemade version much more than the store bought Bisquick.
Top Review by DeeCooks
Four stars mainly because it was so easy; next time I think I'd add some herbs and maybe a more flavorful cheese to punch it up a bit. For ease and speed though, it was hard to beat, and when the kid will gobble it down, that's even better!
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 10 inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, tomato, mozzarella cheese and onion.
- Sprinkle vegetable mix into cake pan.
- In another bowl, beat remaining ingredients 1 minute with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Pour over the vegetables in the cake pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a knive inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.