Recipe by Mirj
Not exactly gourmet, but very good.
Top Review by ciao
What can I say about this pie other than delicious? I can say fast, and I can say easy, lol! With the streusel topping it's like a great apple crisp. I used granny smith apples and they held up perfectly. Oh! My only mistake was forgetting to put a pan covered in foil on the lower oven rack. Oh, what a mess in the bottom of the oven, lol! But after tasting the pie, the mess didn't matter. Thanks for a great recipe, Mirj!
- 6 cups apples, tart,sliced & pared
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick or 1⁄2 cup baking mix
- 1 cup Bisquick or 1 cup baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, firm
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease pie plate, 10" x 1 1/2".
- Mix apples and spices; turn into plate.
- Beat remaining ingredients except for Streusel till smooth; 15 seconds in blender or 1 minute with hand beater.
- Pour into plate.
- Sprinkle with Streusel.
- Bake till a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 55-65 minutes; cool.
- For the Streusel--------------------.
- Mix Bisquick, chopped nuts, brown sugar and margarine till crumbly.