Recipe by Aussie mum 2_2
This coconut pudding is different from others I've seen here it uses coconut milk and desiccated coconut in the pudding. I'm not sure how many it will serve, if you make it please let me know.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (400 ml) coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 125 g melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 star fruit, sliced
- 12 rambutans, peeled
- 18 lychees
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix together coconut, flour and caster sugar in a bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs in a jug.
- Add coconut milk, cream and butter.
- Pour into coconut mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour into a 25cm ceramic pie dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Place sugar and water in a small heavy-based saucepan.
- Cook stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and cook until slightly caramelised.
- Add orange segments, lime juice and a couple of tablespoons of cold water.
- Remove from heat.
- Set aside.
- Slice remaining fruit and place in a bowl.
- Pour over orange syrup mixture and serve with the warm pudding.