Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was found on the back of a Bisquick box years ago. We have it often as it is very good. I have used chicken instead of tuna as the recipe suggests.G reat with a salad.
- 13 ounces chicken breasts (may use left over cooked chicken as well as fresh)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bisquick
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (300 g) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- Boil enough water to cover chicken breast.
- Place chicken in water; cover and remove from heat.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In greased 13x9 inch baking dish or 2 pie pans, combine spinch, chopped chicken, shredded swiss cheese, and onion.
- In bowl or blender, mix together Bisquick, milk, eggs, and salt.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven about 30 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
Made this using broccoli instead of spinach, because that was available and left over cooked chicken. Family enjoyed it, will be making it again. Nice and easy.
I thought it was sort of bland so used dark chicken meat instead of white and Provolone cheese. We liked it much better.
this was ok but kinda bland. I added a basic seasoning mix and it was still bland. I'm thinking if i make it again i will try feta cheese with greek seasonings...lots of seasonings.