Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and cut up
- 2⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C).
- Grease 10" pie plate.
- Rinse broccoli under cold water to thaw, drain thoroughly.
- Mix broccoli, cheese, chicken and onion in plate.
- Beat baking mix, eggs, milk, salt and pepper in blender on HIGH until smooth (about 15 seconds).
- Pour into plate.
- Bake at 400F (205C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake just until cheese is melted (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Oh yes. This is the recipe from the back of the Bisquick box from years ago. I tried it back then and changed it to i can of salmon (boneless skinless)and added a dash of smoke flavoring. Better that way.
This was very good. I had to cook a bit longer than suggested, because when I inserted the knife liquid came out. I think it may have been because I used Egg Beaters as opposed to regular eggs. This is definitely a keeper!