Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but it's not the exact one from Bisquick. (Different measurements, etc.) It' really good and easy. I don't top with tomatoes, but that's all a matter of whether you like them or not. Prep time estimated.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 3 eggs
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef with onions in skillet, stirring until crumbly; drain.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spread in deep pie plate.
- Combine milk, Bisquick and eggs in mixing bowl.
- Beat with mixer for 1 minute.
- Pour over beef mixture in pie plate.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes longer or until a knife comes out clean when inserted.
I made this a few weeks ago, I changed it just a bit by adding some chili powder, cayenne and hot pepper flakes to the ground beef. I also added extra cheese to the Bisquick mixture.I really enjoyed it and so did picky new boyfriend. I loved the tomatoes cooked on top but he did not. Next time I will just put them on half. Thanks for sharing.
This was okay, I've been looking for different meals to make and I came across this, seemed quick and simple, it was good, not sure if I'll be making it again, but it was different.
I'm sooooooo glad you posted this recipe. When my kids were younger we had this all the time. I doubled the recipe so we would have leftovers. I used ground turkey and seasoned with lots of garlic, cajun seasoning, and cumin. I also added cheese to the beef mixture once cooled. DS so enjoyed a childhood memory.