Recipe by Jamia Motsinger
I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but it's not the exact one from Bisquick. (Different measurements, etc.) It' really good and easy. I don't top with tomatoes, but that's all a matter of whether you like them or not. Prep time estimated.
Top Review by Old widow
I made this a few weeks ago, I changed it just a bit by adding some chili powder, cayenne and hot pepper flakes to the ground beef. I also added extra cheese to the Bisquick mixture.I really enjoyed it and so did picky new boyfriend. I loved the tomatoes cooked on top but he did not. Next time I will just put them on half. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 3 eggs
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onions in skillet, stirring until crumbly; drain.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spread in deep pie plate.
- Combine milk, Bisquick and eggs in mixing bowl.
- Beat with mixer for 1 minute.
- Pour over beef mixture in pie plate.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes longer or until a knife comes out clean when inserted.