Recipe by Anna P.
A quick dinner or lunch, great with a salad. Found this in a recipe box that I bought at a second hand store. I can imagine the memories inside of it.
Top Review by daggersmommy
I love this dish. I did make a few changes though. I added celery, green onions, garlic & pepper. I also sprinkled the cheddar cheese over the meat mixture before pouring the bisquick mixture on top. It ends up on top of the pie in the end.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 10-inch pie plate.
- Cook and stir beef and onion until brown; drain.
- Stir in salt and pepper, spread beef in pie plate.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Beat remaining ingredients until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high speed or 1 minute with hand beater.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes; garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate remaining pie.
- Note: If using 9-inch pie plate, decrease milk to 1 cup, baking mix to 1/2 cup and eggs to 2.