Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a Bisquick classic. This is one of my husband's favorites. And, I thought I lost the recipe and just found the card for it. Thought I should post it before I lost it. ***you can use the reduced fat Bisquick and skim milk to lower the fat content. it comes out EXCELLENT**
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown, drain. Stir in salt, spread in pie plate and sprinkle with cheese.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients with fork or wire wisk until well blended. Pour in pie plate.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Favorite recipe includes spinach and tomatoes. I put the spinach on top of the hamburger and then add tomato slices later after the bisquick has been poured. See photo. It's delicious!
I've been making this for years. We call it "Slider Pie" cuz it tastes like a slider to me. My original recipe calls for 1/2 C milk so I increased it to 3/4 C milk based on the current box recommendations. I also omit the salt because the cheese is salty enough. I serve with all the burger condiments on the side after baking and gobble it up!
The possibilities are endless! This is sooo great, sooo easy, and sooo versatile! I made it exactly as stated but added a can of green chili's to it. Thanks for posting - know it's been out there for awhile, but it's nice to see the classics on recipezaar too! Next time - maybe will add basil and sundried tomatoes with feta? How fun is this! Thanks again!