Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great side dish, or perfect for brunch.
- boiling water
- 2 cups thinly sliced cauliflower florets
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cauliflower, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese (, about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In covered saucepan in enough boiling salted water to cover, cook cauliflorets 10 minutes.
- Place in greased 9" pie plate.
- Sprinkle with onion, green pepper and cheese.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender container.
- Cover and whirl 15 seconds (or beat 1 minute with rotary beater).
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and top is golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Okay, I hate onions and I didn't have any green peppers handy so I left those out, and I only blanched the cauliflower instead of boiling all the vitamins out of it. But this recipe was a big hit with my toddler. And my husband, who had never tasted any quiche, was quite complimentary. Thanks!
My husband and I enjoy this quiche and it's easy to make. I only use cauliflower florets (I couldn't understand why you have to use florets and frozen), I use red peppers and I use shredded mozzarella, cheddar and/or muenster cheese. Thanks for sharing.