Top Review by Sharlene~W
Thought it would have better if the salsa and some cheese were mixed with the meat before baking. The bottom was soggy, the meat dry with a layer of salsa and cheese on the top. Could have made a much tastier dish with my pound of hamburger.
- 236.59 ml Bisquick baking mix
- salt and pepper
- 78.07 ml water
- 236.59 ml salsa (plus extra to serve on the side)
- 1 can refried beans, any variety
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 453.59 g ground beef
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Bisquick, water and refried beans together and put it in the bottom of a greased pie plate.
- Brown and drain seasoned ground beef; put on top of mixture in pie plate.
- Add salsa and then cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes at 350 or till golden brown.
- If you let it sit for about 15 minutes, it tends to cut more like a pie.
- Serve with extra salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips.
- Can be made the night before and refrigerated; then put in the oven.