Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup salsa (plus extra to serve on the side)
- 1 can refried beans, any variety
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Mix Bisquick, water and refried beans together and put it in the bottom of a greased pie plate.
- Brown and drain seasoned ground beef; put on top of mixture in pie plate.
- Add salsa and then cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes at 350 or till golden brown.
- If you let it sit for about 15 minutes, it tends to cut more like a pie.
- Serve with extra salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips.
- Can be made the night before and refrigerated; then put in the oven.
Thought it would have better if the salsa and some cheese were mixed with the meat before baking. The bottom was soggy, the meat dry with a layer of salsa and cheese on the top. Could have made a much tastier dish with my pound of hamburger.
My husband LOVED this meal. I usually don''t like burritos myself (strangely I prefer tacos), but this was really good. If you don''t like re-fried beans, don''t worry, because while you can still taste them, the texture is 100 times better! Usually a meal in our house yields a couple of days of left-overs (I freeze everything), but this was gone in less than a day!
What a fast, easy, yummy meal! DH and I will get two meals out of this ... excellent for just 1 lb of gr.beef. I'll be making this again; it was a big hit.