Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is delicious and very filling! This is the first recipe I made on my own, and has been a favourite of mine ever since! A classic that is guaranteed to be delicious.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup bisquik biscuit mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 dash pepper
- Thaw broccoli crowns in a 9" pie plate, layer with onions and then cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, Bisquix and pepper, beat together well.
- Pour mixture over broccoli in a spiral motion (otherwise it may take too long to cook in the middle).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes at 400F (a knife poked into the middle should come out clean).
This is so good and easy. I didn't understand about pouring in a spiral, so I started on the outside and circled in and it worked well. I used reduced fat bisquick, fat free shredded cheddar, and low fat milk. It is very tasty and nutritious.
It's also really good with spinach instead of broccoli. Just don't forget to pat it dry after thawing when using frozen spinach!
Delicious way to use up some broccoli and cheese! I love this. I used Feta in addition to fat free cheddar and sauteed the onions with dill first. This was great... thanks