Top Review by daabbott
I subbed italian sausage for the bacon, bout a pound, omitted the onions, and used provalone, mozzarela (sp) and cheeder cheese. Tasted great, the sausage added a nice warm/spicy bite to pie. Recipe is great, but the wife does not like bacon and neither of us like onions. Easy to modify recipie, great site to find recipies.
- 12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C).
- Lightly grease 10" pie plate.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion in plate.
- Beat remaining ingredients in blender on HIGH until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Bake at 400F (205C) for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes.