Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C).
- Lightly grease 10" pie plate.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion in plate.
- Beat remaining ingredients in blender on HIGH until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Bake at 400F (205C) for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
I subbed italian sausage for the bacon, bout a pound, omitted the onions, and used provalone, mozzarela (sp) and cheeder cheese. Tasted great, the sausage added a nice warm/spicy bite to pie. Recipe is great, but the wife does not like bacon and neither of us like onions. Easy to modify recipie, great site to find recipies.
Great recipe. Very easy to make. This is the original Bisquick recipe. A little richer than what is on the box now (but so yummy!). I always use cheddar instead of swiss. I also like to pre-cook the onions on a pan with a little butter. You can make it up ahead of time, keep it in the fridge and bake when ready.
Another recipe I was going to post, but someone beat me to it! My mom has made this for as long as I can remember. So easy and so tasty. I usually use cheddar cheese, because I always have it on hand.