Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from the Betty Crocker website and wow!!!! I love apricots and anyone else who does, will love this pie.
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 8 1⁄4 ounces apricots, halves drained and mashed
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Stir together all ingredients except apricot preserves until well blended.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted into center of pie comes out clean.
- Cool completely for at least 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan heat apricot preserves until melted.
- Spread over pie.
- Garnish with cool whip or whipped cream.
Delicious! I also love apricots so I was really looking to try this recipe. I wasn't disappointed! To save calories, I omitted the butter, used egg whites, and substituted Splenda for sugar. I used half a jar of melted Polaner Apricot All Fruit to glaze the top. I also doubled the recipe as I knew it wouldn't last long with my husband's sweet tooth. With a dollop of Cool Whip, this was a slice of heaven! I will certainly make this again--thanks for posting!
Bet you never thought you'd get a review on this so quickly! As it happens, my mom and DD made this just yesterday!They got it from the BC website, also. I love apricots, so this was a plus for me. This is a nice easy, quick dessert, but we agreed that next time it gets made, we would add a little almond extract or something else, to hide that "impossible pie" custardy flavor.....unless you REALLY like that custardy flavor, lol. We just felt that it needed a little "ooomph" Especially good with Cool Whip or whipped cream.