Recipe by Canadian Pixie
This recipe was from and Imperial Margarine Package many years ago....you can add bacon or chives and sour cream or pretty much anything to suit your own tastes.
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut hot baked potatoes in half, scoop out insides, reserving shells.
- In large bowl, beat potatoes and margarine until creamy. Gradually beat in milk; stir in onion, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into reserved shells and sprinkle with cheese.
- Arrange in baking dish and bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.