Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
One standing rib roast. Ask your butcher to remove the chine bone, loosen the ribs and tie them back in place. Use a 6 or 7 pound roast (3 ribs) for 6 servings.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, put through a press
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
HORSERADISH CREAM SAUCE
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish (to taste)
- FOR THE BASTING SAUCE: Heat together all the ingredients and stir to blend. Simmer for 1 minutes. Brush roast on all sides with basting mixture. Place roast, bone side down, in a roasting pan and roast in a 300°F oven until meat thermometer registers desired doneness.* Baste two or three times during the roasting period.
- Remove roast from the oven. Remove the strings and place on a serving platter. Slice at the table and serve with majesty and pride. Serve with Horseradish Cream Sauce.
- FOR THE HORSERADISH CREAM SAUCE: Combine sour cream and horseradish and stir until blended. Refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before serving.
- *NOTE: Meat thermometer should be inserted into the thickest past of the roast. Make certain that it does not touch the bone. Meat thermometer should register for:.
- Very Rare -- 130°F.
- Rare -- 140°F.
- Medium Rare -- 150°F.
- Medium -- 160°F.
- Well Done -- 170°F.
- The Love of Eating.
Made this for christmas dinner. Wonderful. Everyone raved. I have tried other basting recipes and they're too salty. This added but didnot take away from the flavor of the meat. Definitly an enhancer.