Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe appeared in the St. Louis Post Dispatch. It apparently dates back 50+ years and was original published by Imperial Margarine.
- 1 lb margarine, room temperature (not soft or reduced fat, Imperial Margarine sticks are recommended)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- chopped nuts and extra powdered sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a large tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat Margarine and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in Egs, one at a time.
- Beat in Vanilla.
- Slowly add Flour, beating until well mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and nuts if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, or until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.