1 hr 20 mins
This recipe appeared in the St. Louis Post Dispatch. It apparently dates back 50+ years and was original published by Imperial Margarine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Grease and flour a large tube pan.
- 3In a large bowl, beat Margarine and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in Egs, one at a time.
- 5Beat in Vanilla.
- 6Slowly add Flour, beating until well mixed.
- 7Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 8Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and nuts if desired.
- 9Bake for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, or until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- 11Remove from pan and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Imperial Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.8
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 393.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 37.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g