Recipe by Darkhunter
This is a recipe from my sister's office collected recipes from Cyndy Tiegs. This is from 1975! To kick it up a notch, you could substitute a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies.
Top Review by katew
I had to kick mine up a notch too and added seed mustard and a bunch a fresh herbs as well as the dry but my result was very very tasty indeed. The recipe made a large amount and I will get to freeze a couple of portions wihch is always a bonus.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 1 fresh tomato (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the margarine in a large sauce pan. Saute the onion until transparent.
- Blend in the flour and seasonings.
- Stir in the milk gradually; cook until thickened.
- Add the cheddar cheese; stir until melted.
- Add the macaroni and the canned tomatoes, mixing well.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt baking dish. Slice the fresh tomato and arrange on top. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the surface.
- Bake in a moderate oven (375*F) for 30 to 35 minutes.