Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nut snack/appetizer. I have not tried this. It was submited at the request of a poster to our message boards.
- Bring 3 cups water to a rolling boil in deep saucepan.
- Add walnuts; boil 1 minute.
- Rinse under hot water; drain.
- Toss walnuts with sugar.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil to 350 degrees in deep saucepan.
- With slotted spoon, add half the walnuts to the oil.
- Fry, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Repeat with remaining nuts.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cool on foil-lined tray, separating pieces.
- Store in airtight container.