Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a selection of easily prepared Dipping Sauces to be eaten with Imperial Fondue. Serve each sauce in a small bowl with a spoon. Guests spoon their sauce of choice, onto their plate, to dip each individual portion of food in.
Chinese Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hot Chinese mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Wasabi Dipping Sauce
- 1 tablespoon wasabi
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 1 spring onion, shredded
Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
Sesame Soy Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- For Chinese Mustard Dipping Sauce, whisk all the ingredients together, except for the cilantro, in a small bowl, and when well mixed, add chopped cilantro.
- For Wasabi Dipping Sauce, place all ingredients in food processor, mix well, strain, and place in small bowl.
- For Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce, combine all ingredients, with the exception of the green onions in a small bowl, and whisk well, and then stir in sliced green onions.
- For Sesame Soy Dipping Sauce, whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
I only tried the ginger soy dipping sauce, but it was excellent. (Made it as one of 6 sauces to go with shrimp, chicken and beef cooked in Imperial Fondue broth. Yum.
I am not rating with stars as I didn't prepare all of the sauces. I made the ginger soy dipping sauce and the sesame soy dipping sauce and they are both excellent! We loved them. Thanks for sharing!