Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so tasty. A good dish for family as well as company.
- 4 lbs chicken pieces, skin off
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese (, pre-grated works best)
- 1⁄4 cup flaked parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter or 1⁄2-1 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken in butter and roll well in crumb mixture.
- Arrange in shallow lightly greased casserole dish.
- Drizzle any leftover butter over chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour.
My family loved this and it's my new favorite recipe. Easy, cheap, and really delicious. Quick to put together from ingredients I always have on hand. Halved the crumb mixture and it still made a lot. I made 10 drumsticks but half the recipe was enough for 20 drumsticks. Used homemade whole wheat breadcrumbs from my freezer (toast heels of bread, leftover buns, etc. in oven, then run through food processor and keep in the freezer). For 10 drumsticks, I used 1/2 cup butter so I'd have enough to drizzle. Made sure the bread crumb coating was pretty thick. Seasonings were perfect. Thanks so much for sharing!
This is a really nice recipe. I found that the 2 tsp of salt seemed a bit much so I cut that back to a tsp and used a garlic pepper grinder for the pepper. The parmesan was a nice touch to the breading. The pieces were nicely baked in the one hour time. Served with Recipe #270040 which is a perfect side with this meal! Made for Bargain Basement tag game in Cooking Games with Friends forum.