1/1 Photo of Immunity Building Miso Soup
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is a recipe my sister gave me to help build up my DD's immunity, and not get sick so often. Here's what she said about the ingredients: "Basically the miso, the seaweed and the shitakes are DEEP immune builders, the ginger, the cayenne, the scallions help remove excess heat from the body and get circulation going." The ingredients can be increased or decreased to your preference. This is just what I did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 cups vegetable stock or 6 -8 cups water
- 1/2-1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped (including the hairy roots)
- 2 -3 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried shiitake mushrooms or 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushroom
- 1/2-1 sheet nori, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons miso (I used the red)
- 1/4-1/2 lb cooked shrimp (optional)
- 1Combine the stock, ginger, scallions, carrots and mushrooms in a pot (she said glass pot) and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Add the nori and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in miso until dissolved.
- 4If you like, blend the pieces with a stick blender or regular blender and add the cooked shrimp back in (if using).
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Immunity Building Miso Soup
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 391.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried shiitake mushrooms