Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just the thing for a day when you're wanton something delicious, and a hamburger patty is just too restrictive. Loosen up your inhibitions and pile some loose meat on a bun. Wicked over hot, whipped potatoes as well.
- Brown the meat & drain fat.
- Stir in sugar, mustard, beer, cayenne, garlic and salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer until liquid has mostly cooked away.
- Lay slices of cheese over top of meat, then cover for about 5 minutes, with heat on very low, until cheese has melted.
- Stir cheese into meat.
- Serve hot, on sandwich buns or bread, or over hot potatoes or rice.
Sorry...We just did not care for this. I did add a onion and hot pepper flakes. But has my Dh said this taste as weird as it looks. But he ate it LOL.But that is the fun of cooking, trying something new.I did cut the recipe to 6serv. And some times that does not work. thanks,Bobbie Girl
This was easy, delicious, and extremely versatile. I can see endless options with this baby.This time I served it on toasted Kaiser buns. Cayenne amount was just right for me, but I added 2 cloves of garlic but will add more next time (personnal preference). I had a medium cheddar, so that's what i used.
Delicious sandwich. Salt and pepper amounts used--2 t. salt, 1 t. coarse black pepper. Served on lightly toasted buns spread w/ yellow mustard and added dill pickles slices on top. I love the cheese slices melted into the ground beef. A quick and easy supper for us. Thanks for sharing.