Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Found this recipe when searching for something to do with some imitation lobster I'd bought at Aldi. This would probably be good with imitation crabmeat too.
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 8 ounces imitation lobster meat, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Turn on broiler.
- Heat soup in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add next 5 ingredients and stir until heated through.
- Spoon into 4 lightly greased individual baking dishes or shells.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and a little more Old Bay.
- Broil 4 inches from heat source for 2-3 minutes until hot and bubbly.
This was good and easy to make. I didn't have cream of shrimp soup so used cream of mushroom and didn't add the sliced mushrooms. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. This is rich. We liked it better served with crackers more then we did as a main dish.
AMAZING! Wow, this was yummy!! Plus it was SO simple! I put it under the broiler a little longer with a lower temperature (since my oven cooks hot), but it was lightly brown when finished. It is SO divine! I also sauteed my mushrooms which I felt gave a little extra flavor. So easy, yet incredibly delicious!
Our family liked it, but thought it was a bit salty. Next time we are going to try using low sodium cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of shrimp and add our own small shrimp. I did not use canned mushrooms, but sauteed my own in butter and sherry - that added a nice touch. Otherwise this is a quick and tasty recipe.