Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I am posting 2 versions of this recipe. This is the original recipe I got off a recipe card in the grocery store a number of years back. I think it is very good as written, but I have made enough changes to it that I decided to post the recipe also as Imitation Crab Wheels Recipe 2. It is a very fast and easy recipe, and oh so yummy. Because you are broiling it the veggis are very crispy and flavorful.
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise (reg. works fine)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese (reg. works)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 pita breads, seperated into 6 rounds
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, mix imitation crab, mayonase, pepper, onion, Montery Jack cheese and oregano until well blended.
- Spread 1/6 of mixture on inner, rough side of each pita.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Broil for 4 to 5 minutes of until cheese melts and mixture is bubbly.