Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is like the first recipe I posted, but I made a number of changes according to prefrences of the family and decided to post them as a seperate recipe. This is quick and very tasty. Because you are broiling this dish it leaves the veggis warm and firm. Since raw peppers and onions don't appeal to everyone in my family I cook them first.
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 red bell pepper (have used green as well)
- 1⁄2-1 small onion, minced (according to taste)
- 1 1⁄4 cups swiss cheese (I use swiss or any white cheese I have on hand)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 English muffins, seperated into 8 rounds
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives, sliced or broken up (more or less to taste)
- parmesan cheese
- Saute the peppers and onions in pan until soft.
- Drain the peppers and onions on a paper towel and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix imitation crab, mayonnaise, cooled peppers and onions, cheese, olives, and oregano until well blended.
- Spread a few spoonfuls on rough side of english muffin halves.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes or until cheese melts and mixture is bubbly.