Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Flavorful low-fat crab salad with fat free dressing, feta, cilantro. . .oh, so delicious and colorful!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt, plain
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- pita bread
- Mix first seven ingredients.
- Chill for atleast one hour.
- Put on lettuce or in a wrap or in pita bread.
- *imitation crab meat is usually made from cod.
Refreshingly different! Makes a very nice summer lunch. I cut the recipe in half and served it as a wrap on a heated garlic-flavored Tandori Naan. I didn't have a tomato so I used one half of a 10 ounce can of diced tomatoes and green chili peppers drained. I also omitted the green pepper as there were cooked peppers mixed with the tomatoes. I then added one cup of chopped fresh spinach, one cup of chopped baby bella mushrooms and I cup chopped cucumber. I omitted the garlic as I cannot eat it raw and substituted garlic-pepper salt for the seasoning along with one teaspoon of cilantro. Will make this again!
This is a very easy and tasty dish!! I served it to my daughter's friends for an event and it has become a staple for get togethers - especially showers. Try it!!
i loved this. made for lunch and it was filling. of course i cut the recipe way down because i just made it for myself. my co-worker also took some and he loved it as well. great for a light summer lunch. thanks for posting.