Recipe by Sassy Cat
Great Summer Salad, you can use all crab or you can use half shrimp and half crab.
Top Review by MonicaD
I have used this recipe with great success for more years than I care to count but I use a hot pepper sauce(to taste)in place of the horseradish. Horseradish,as with other bottled sauces,suffers from manufacturers choice in that the a/m product often is too vinegary so or so hot it burns the retina. Go with what you know you can depend on for that touch of fire that gives this recipe its'distinction.
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 2 green onions, also called spring onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped, use the middle, tender ribs with tops
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh (I used lime)
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon horseradish, prepared
- 2 -3 cups salad greens
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut crab into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the crab with the onions, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, dill weed and horseradish; mix well.
- Place the salad greens on 2 plates for large portions and 3 plates for small portions.
- Divide crab mixture among the plates; sprinkle with the parsley.
- Place lemon wedges on plate.