Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great Summer Salad, you can use all crab or you can use half shrimp and half crab.
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 2 green onions, also called spring onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped, use the middle, tender ribs with tops
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh (I used lime)
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon horseradish, prepared
- 2 -3 cups salad greens
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut crab into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the crab with the onions, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, dill weed and horseradish; mix well.
- Place the salad greens on 2 plates for large portions and 3 plates for small portions.
- Divide crab mixture among the plates; sprinkle with the parsley.
- Place lemon wedges on plate.
I have used this recipe with great success for more years than I care to count but I use a hot pepper sauce(to taste)in place of the horseradish. Horseradish,as with other bottled sauces,suffers from manufacturers choice in that the a/m product often is too vinegary so or so hot it burns the retina. Go with what you know you can depend on for that touch of fire that gives this recipe its'distinction.
Very delicious salad. I made as posted except didn't use fresh lemon juice, I used the bottle kind. I felt it was missing the extra spiciness that I love. Next time I plan to add some cayenne pepper or maybe some smoked paprika. Thanks for posting. :)
My family hates crab salad or atleast that is what they have always said. I had only had a fork full of it before I put in the fridge to have the next evening. However, when I had gotten home from work that next day, I found an empty bowl in the sink and two very happy children asking if there was any more. If the kids liked it - it has to be good.