Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bought some imitation crab, liked the taste and came up with this for hors d'oeuvres one day.
Make and share this Imitation Crab Meat Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery (very fine)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion (very fine)
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 dash basil
- salt and pepper
- horseradish, to taste if you like a little bite to your spread (optional)
- Put imitation crab through blender and grind to medium consistency.
- Mix with balance of ingredients and let set for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve on crackers or cucumber slices. Can also be spread on bread to make sandwiches.
I used cilantro instead of onion and I added a couple cloves of garlic also. I used it as an hors d'huevre as well as a filling for a sandwich. Froze the leftovers for a later appetizer!!