Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
I got this recipe from our church cookbook. It is very satisfying. The water chestnuts give it a nice crunch & it has a good flavor.
Top Review by Sharon T.
I love crunch so the crunchy factors here were essential, I thought. But it's totally lacking ANY seasoning!!! It needs some! I added Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper but you could also add powdered mustard, horseradish, lemon zest/juice..... just anything at all to give it some real flavor and some life!
- 2 cups imitation crabmeat, shredded
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice or 1 cup diced potato
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup buttered bread crumb