Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a favorite from a local Chinese Restaurant--best I've had.
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1⁄4 lb imitation crabmeat
- 10 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cooking wine
- 1 cup egg, beaten
- 4 -6 egg roll wraps
- 8 cups oil, for cooking
- Chop crab meat.
- Mix cream cheese, crab, sugar, garlic powder, salt and cooking wine well.
- Cut egg rolls into 1/4 size about 3 1/2 in x 3 1/2 inches.
- Put a spoonful of cream cheese mixture into the center of the egg roll skin.
- Spread the beaten egg around the edges of the egg roll skin.
- Fold over the skins to form a triangle shape and pinch the ends together.
- Heat 8 cups of oil to 360°F.
- Deep fry the angels for 3-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- (Any left over mixture will keep in the refrigerator for about a week).
I made these this weekend for friends and boyfriend. We dipped them in sweet and sour sauce. Everyone raved about how good they were. At the end of the evening...there were none left...and i made like 40 and there were only 5 of us!!! I liked them alot but just thought something was missing...but I definately recommend these. I really do like these and will probably be making them again. Thanks so much for the recipe.