Prep 40 mins
Cook 22 mins
Traditionally eaten during the Imbolc celebration.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored, grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Soak raisins in hot water, in a covered bowl, for 30 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large non-metal bowl, mix flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in carrots, raisins, apple, and almonds.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, oil, and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir egg mixture in to the flour mixture until just wet.
- Grease muffin pan with a little butter or use cupcake/muffin cups.
- Divide the batter into the cups and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.