Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2 medium round eggplants, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds (do not peel)
- 1⁄4 chopped armenian parsley (Flat leaf variety) or 1⁄4 Italian parsley (Flat leaf variety)
- 2 red onions, sliced in rounds
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 green bell peppers or 2 gold bell peppers, sliced in rounds
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced in rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaf
- tomato sauce, 1 can
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt the eggplant slices and set aside for about 20-30 minutes and let them sweat.
- Squeeze the rounds gently to eliminate the brownish liquid, flatten back into shape, and pat dry.
- Dip rounds quickly into olive oil to coat letting excess run off.
- Place on a baking pan and bake in a preheated 450 degree oven until lightly browned.
- In a saute pan, carefully and lightly, saute the onions, peppers and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, mint and parsley and saute for a few minutes more.
- Place the browned eggplant in a baking pan and arrange the sauted vegetables on the eggplant rounds and pour tomato sauce sparingly over the top.
- Place in a 375 degree oven for and additional 1/2 hour.
- Remove, cool and chill.
- Served cold.