Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Floating ice-cube 'faces' in this fun punch stimulate the curiosity of folks at our Independence Day gatherings." By Kathy Kittell. From Taste of Home. Freezing time is not included.
- 18 disposable plastic cups (3 oz.)
- 18 maraschino cherries
- 36 fresh blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold distilled water, divided
- 2 (3 ounce) packages berry blue gelatin mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- Place plastic cups in muffin pans. From each cherry, cut out a mouth shape; pat dry. Place one cherry mouth and two blueberries for eyes in the bottom of each cup. Pour 1 t. distilled water into each cup. Freeze for 30 minutes or until solid.
- Pour 1 T. distilled water into each cup. Return to freezer; freeze for 3 hours or until solid. For punch, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water, pineapple juice and lemonade concentrate. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until chilled.
- Just before serving, transfer to a 5 quart punch bowl. Stir in ginger ale. Remove ice cubes from cups; okace face side up in punch bowl.