This was in the Milwaukee paper; the picture posted with them looked so good I had to post this recipe to try later...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut 3/4 cup butter into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a food processor blend butter, flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and the salt until mixture becomes slightly crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture into a 9x13 baking pan and press evenly onto the bottom.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Coarsely chop pecans.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup butter and remaining 1 cup brown sugar, honey and cream in a heavy saucepan.
- Simmer mixture stirring occasionally for 1 minutes.
- Stir in pecans and then pour mixture over hot crust and spread evenly.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 20 minutes or until bubbling; remove and let cool.
- When slightly cooled, run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan to loosen bars.
- Cool completely in the pan and cut into bars.
- Bars will keep for 5 days covered at room temperature.