Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was in the Milwaukee paper; the picture posted with them looked so good I had to post this recipe to try later...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut 3/4 cup butter into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a food processor blend butter, flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and the salt until mixture becomes slightly crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture into a 9x13 baking pan and press evenly onto the bottom.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Coarsely chop pecans.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup butter and remaining 1 cup brown sugar, honey and cream in a heavy saucepan.
- Simmer mixture stirring occasionally for 1 minutes.
- Stir in pecans and then pour mixture over hot crust and spread evenly.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 20 minutes or until bubbling; remove and let cool.
- When slightly cooled, run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan to loosen bars.
- Cool completely in the pan and cut into bars.
- Bars will keep for 5 days covered at room temperature.
Made these bars, along with several other cookies, for our contribution to an early New Year's celebration potluck! These wonderful tasties were very well received ~ Gone in no time, in other words! Many thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
These are amazing! I bake for a group of about 50 people every week, and brought these tonight... one person said these were the best thing I've ever brought! Which is saying alot, because I've brought well over 100 different cookies and bars over the last year! These definately make the grade! Thanks so much for posting this simple & super recipe! Made for 1-2-3 Hits Tag.
This is a great recipe! I'm so sorry I waited to try it, 'cause we just loved it! :) DH said I don't have to make pecan pies anymore. (That means he really likes them!) I did reduce the recipe, by half, and used a 9 inch square baking dish, which seemed to work out just fine! Thanks so much for sharing, AZPARZYCH.