Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a scaled down version of the recipe we used in my high school cafeteria.
- 1 1⁄8 cups water, warm
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- Put water, sugar and yeast in bowl. Stir lightly. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add oil, salt and dry milk, stir. Gradually add flour. Mix with dough hook or when gets to stiff, knead by hand.
- Cover with towel and set in warm place until doubles in size (approx. 30 min). Punch, then turn out onto floured surface. Divide into equal size pieces, roll into balls. Place in greased baking pan with a small amount of space between. Cover and set in warm place again until doubled (approx 30 min).
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake for 15-20 minutes.